Carriage 5th Wheel Owners Forum
September 16, 2014, 02:26:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulations to the faithful !! The forum recently passed 1300 member mark....  Many thanks to our loyal members...Despite Carriage's demise, the forum will remain an open and honest venue of support and information exchange for Carriage owners

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amana Radarange Shutdown  (Read 1031 times)
zachlaplante

View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2011, 03:59:56 AM »

My wife was baking a pot roast in the radarange (convection mode) when it went dead, no lights or anything.  I checked the receptacle and circuit breakers, no problem.  We were on hold, waiting to talk to Amana customer service when all of a sudden it turned back on.  I am guessing that there is some kind of thermal shutdown and that the oven must have overheated.  I have looked through the manual and on the internet, but I have not found any information regarding this.  I was wondering if there was any experience out there with any of you.  We have Model AMV6167BDS.
sheff69

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 06:09:43 PM »

Sorry to hear that, been there done that!

We originally had the Amana convection microwave, and it started to do exactly the same thing.
Then it kept shutting the recirculating fan off, but leaving the convection heater on, so the whole side of the microwave glowed red on the inside.  Blued the stainless inner shell.  I phoned them up and complained, said it was dangerous.
They said they'd fix it, but I still moaned and fussed, said it didn't look like a new unit anymore.  Turned out the model we had was obsolete, so they couldn't fix it.
We negotiated an exchange for a Mytag MMV 6180 WS (note Whirlpool owns Amana and Maytag and gave us options for either Whirlpool or Maytag as replacement).  The service guys came in and installed the Maytag but in doing so, butchered the overhead cabinet - the new supporting screws didn't go through the cabinet floor cross braces.  I told them it looked fine, just to get rid of them, then and after they left I uninstalled the unit and reworked the cabinet to install new supporting cross braces, to where I felt it was OK.

Works wonderfully now.  Done about 4,000 miles since then and still hasn't moved.

Sheff

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500 DRW
2011 Cameo 37RESLS
fulltimer5er

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

Hi Shiff we installed the same unit does yours make a loud rumbling noise when in convection mode sounds bad other than that we love it we did the same thing with our cabinet we also had problems with the back wall new unit sat lower than the cross studs had to use winged molly's on all the holes. Jim
sheff69

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

fulltimer5er, no I don't think we have any rumbling sounds in convection mode.
I don't think the turntable moves in convection, so my first thought would be a bad bearing or out of balance on the fan.
I'll have to stand in the kitchen next time the boss uses it and listen.
Note I usually get kicked out at that time, so I'll have to ask for special permission.
Have to move tomorrow, so it won't be until we settle, and that might be a couple of days.
If the boss remembers and confirms no odd noises, I'll post back before then.

Sheff

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500 DRW
2011 Cameo 37RESLS
fulltimer5er

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »

Had the repair guy out it turns out the confection fan on the left side is belt driven and the plate the fan is mounted on has a bad bearing so parts on ordered thanks. Jim
BobQ
Associate Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »

Hi All, I'm not trying to highjack the thread, but since its about Amana MICR/CONVECTION ovens does anyone out there know where I could get those little brown plastic clips that hold up the grated platform?
Thanks,
Bob Grin

2006 Ford F-550 Pulling a 2010 37 CKSLS Cameo
Big Dolly

normajeroutek@yahoo.com Norma
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »

We have the same model Cameo and convection oven as you do.  What are "brown plastic clips"? and what is the "grated platform"?  Our micro/convec oven has 2 white holders on each side that hold a stainless steel rack (like a regular oven rack) for convection cooking. 

Steve & Norma Jeroutek
(Maxi & Lexi, Poochons)
Unionville TN
2011 CAMEO 37CKSLS
2008 F350 Lariat Dually Longbed Crewcab
Trailair Pinbox
BobQ
Associate Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »

We're talking the same things I just used different words. My clips are brown instead of white and they do hold up the stainless grill. My clips are very loose and its just a matter of time before they fall out. Was hoping to find the before it happens.
Thanks,
Bob

2006 Ford F-550 Pulling a 2010 37 CKSLS Cameo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: