Carriage 5th Wheel Owners Forum
September 20, 2014, 02:57:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulations to the faithful !! The forum recently passed 1300 member mark....  Many thanks to our loyal members...Despite Carriage's demise, the forum will remain an open and honest venue of support and information exchange for Carriage owners

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Carri Lite owner  (Read 3817 times)
Roadglide
Contributing Member

View Profile Email
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

My wife and I just purchased a new carri lite at the carriage auction last month. I found this forum and finally got approved to post ( ha ). I have already learned things on the forum and just wanted to say thanks. We have stayed in ours a couple of nights on the way from Indiana back to Houston. Then used it a few nights here at a fishing tournament. So far we love it. Giant upgrade from our 34 foot forest river wildcat. We bought the 36 max1 with full body paint and generator and loaded (especially compared to the wildcat). I look forward to reading and sharing many stories along the way.
Dutch and Di

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

Welcome to the Carriage family.  I'm sure you'll have wonderful times in it.  We're still in our original one!  Hope to see you on the road someday.  Hugs, Di

1996/2010 38 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp., Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
1996 1 ton Dodge Dually Pickup, Max Brake Controller, Mor/Ryde Susp On Rear Springs, Air Bags, Tailgate EasyLift
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
theharveys

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »

RoadGlide,
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Carriage family. We have a 2010 Carri-Lite 36MAX1 and we love it.
There is lots of good advice and instruction to be found on the forum.
If you have not already done so, you might want to check out the Carriage Travel Club (http://www.carriagetravelclub.com/) as well.
Hope you get much enjoyment from your new Carri-Lite.

Jeff and Cindy Harvey
2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1 - 8000lb axles w/disc brakes
2008 Ford F450 4 X 4 Lariat
TrailerMate Air Hitch
Roadglide
Contributing Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »

Thanks I am sure we will, and we will need it. Since we bought at the auction we do not have an owners manual. Little things like keyless entry that I don't know how to program, I think I figured out the big foot system pretty well but have not even started on things like convection oven and ice maker etc. I will look the, over, find out what I can, then probably ask someone for advice. We had never even seen the Max1 and planned to buy a Cameo at the auction. My wife feel I. Love with the carri lite and we met so many nice people waiting to bid on certain Cameos that we did not want to bid against them! One couple found their trailer that they had ordered from a dealer and were waiting on delivery when carriage shut the doors. They got it. We were so happy for them. Sure did not want to bid against them.
Big Dolly

normajeroutek@yahoo.com Norma
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Carriage.  Hopefully you can find a dealer in Houston who carried Carriage who can answer technical questions if you can't find help here on the forum.  If you have a problem, just enter the key word in the "search" area at the top right.  Possibly, someone else has had that same issue.  Was your Carri-Lite completed or was there still work to be done?  Since we visited the factory last June and saw the units on the line, I think the units that had been completed on the line were set off to the side to be weighed, final inspection, and all the manuals, etc., put in them.  Yours may have been finished but not yet had the finishing touches done.  Happy traveling--hope to see you "down the road"!!!!

Steve & Norma Jeroutek
(Maxi & Lexi, Poochons)
Unionville TN
2011 CAMEO 37CKSLS
2008 F350 Lariat Dually Longbed Crewcab
Trailair Pinbox
Roadglide
Contributing Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »

It was basically finished. All body paint done, fully furnished and all video etc. it needed two awnings, a toilet, roof access ladder on the back, taillights installed (they were in the unit), and a bedroom door installed. We were able to buy all this stuff from otherworldly who bought the giant lots of ladders and doors and awnings. We took it to a local shop and they jumped on it and had it complete and PDI done in about 8 hours with 5 guys. No manuals though. There is one dealer outside Houston that carried the carriage line. They still have one on their lot. Maybe they will at least let me look through the manual for a few of the simple things I need. Thanks. Good idea.
comeupwithsompin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

If you have specific requests for manuals, I'm sure folks on this forum will be happy to provide! Depending on model numbers, we'd be happy to photocopy and mail those copies if you want.

Getting to the important stuff. How'd you do in the fishing tourney? And,,,,,,,,,,,when do we eat?

Danny
Roadglide
Contributing Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »

Ha. This one was catch and release ( or catch and store in live well and weigh and release ). We caught a lot of fish. All largemouth bass. We need to wait til Colorado or new Mexico or Arizona later this spring and early summer for some good trout fishing and eating!
moo2613

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »

Congrats on the new Carri Lite, we also migrated to the Carriage line from a Wildcat.

Brad & Danielle Darrow
Southwest Arkansas
2011 32FWS, 5500 Onan, Solar Panel on top, G-614's
2005 Dodge 2500 4x4 CTD SWB, B&W Companion, Rokteck Sensor, Prodigy BC, Air bags w/ on-board air system, Added leaf to the springs to make it a 1-ton, Pac-Brake Exhaust Brake
JohnD222

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »

Please go easy on the forum approval process. The host has since left the Carriage life for a new brand. He is looking for a good volunteer host to transfer responsibilities to.

Welcome and congratulations.  I am just leaving Elk hart, where I was having some repair work done on a Cameo. Lots of dealers there had bought partially completed units - must have been a steal of a deal for so many to buy so many. 

If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay for a warranty-less unit like all of us bought 6 to 12 months ago?

Had yours been weighed with tags attached or are you without any weight info?

A great catch if the units I walked through were any indication.

2011 F450; rear Firestone airbags; AirSafe 25k hitch

2010 Cameo 36FWS; Dual A/C; EnergydelSol flexible solar panels; Morningstar Controller; pure sine wave inverter; Dishnet; water softener
zachlaplante

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:48 AM »

Roadglide,

You can probably get most of the manuals you need on line.  Search the internet for the manufacturer of the item in question, most manufacturers maintain their documentation on line.
Roadglide
Contributing Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 05:33:31 AM »

We paid 47,500. The unit had been weighed and was virtually complete. They sent me the title and paperwork for Texas and I took it down and registered it with zero problems. It is titled as a 2012 carriage built coach. I guess with the 12. % buyers premium and the parts I bought and having it all completed before I left Indiana I had about 56k in it.another 3k in Texas tax and registration and I still have less tha 60 in it. We were planning to pay more than that for the cameo we wanted and it didn't have the full body paint or generator.
jimjan
Associate Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 06:17:16 AM »

Well, I sure am glad that you did not bid on my Cameo Roadglide otherwise I would have had to pay a lot more.
Thanks for that, you have made my day.

Cheers from down under
Jim
cameopher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »

Well, I sure am glad that you did not bid on my Cameo Roadglide otherwise I would have had to pay a lot more.
Thanks for that, you have made my day.

Cheers from down under
Jim

The Carri-Lite commonly had a sticker price of $120,000 and sold for $90,000 or more.  Cameos more commonly would sticker for less than $100,000 and sell for $70,000 or so.  Just ballpark figures, nobody get their feelings hurt.
warthog

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

Welcome to the forum, we have a 2011 Carri-Lite 36MAX1 and love it.  Lots of good information and help that you can get for the asking.

Nate

2011, 36MAX1
2011, F-350
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: