Carriage 5th Wheel Owners Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:15:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulations to the faithful !! The forum recently passed 1300 member mark....  Many thanks to our loyal members...Despite Carriage's demise, the forum will remain an open and honest venue of support and information exchange for Carriage owners

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carriage Travel Club  (Read 3680 times)
2rinKayaker
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »

Does anyone here belong/participate in the Travel Club?  We just learned (too late) about an upcoming rally in Montgomery, TX that we would've attended had we known in time.  Has anyone been to such a rally?  If so, what is it like?

bulldog402
Associate Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »

We belong but have yet to attend a rally. Wanted to go to the Orlando one next week but could not due to not being able to get off work next weekend.

Mike and Debbie
08 Cameo F37RE3
r3rver

Lil' House

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:44:57 PM »

We are members in the Austin Texas area.  Have not been to a rally because they seem to always be held during the middle of the work week, and the DW and I are still full time employed;  AKA Weekend Traverers.

Roy Rector

2011 Cameo 37CKSLS
2008 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dully, Duramax Diesel, 4x4
Leslie
Associate Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »

There is a $10 late fee when submitting a reservation after the rally deadline date.
So I don't see why you can't go . This is at the bottom right of the Carriage Travel Club 2009 Rally Application.

Leslie
r3rver

Lil' House

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »

The reason we can't go is because we are at work Monday through Friday.  My wife is an Elementary School Principal, so there is no way she can take time off during the school year.  She has two weeks of vacation in July which gives us 20 travel days with weekends -- and that is when we do our long distance (out of Texas) travel.

My job allows me to be a little more flexible with vacation time than hers, but I don't want to go without the DW.  So, if it is not a weekend gig, we can't go.

I am sure we will attend some of these rallies when she retires, but that is at least 6 years out.

Roy Rector

2011 Cameo 37CKSLS
2008 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dully, Duramax Diesel, 4x4
Dutch and Di

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

We have been to quite a few Carriage National and Grand Nationals rallies.  AZ, TX, FL & MI are the latest we've been to.  They are great get togethers and a way to meet fellow Carriage owners. They usually offer great side trips, a golf outing, get togethers to talk about our Carriages and lots of food and entertainment.  They usually have a "Theme" and all are invited to participate by dressing to the theme but it is not mandatory.  Evening entertainment at least at the ones we attended.  They usually have between 2 & 5 vendors in attendance.  They offer seminars and products. The rallies are now scheduled by an independent company. We had to miss the last 3-VT last fall and FL & TX this year in March & April.  We were and are on the west coast and just couldn't travel that far. We've always enjoyed going to them.  If you need any other info, let me know and I'll be glad to help if I can.  Diana       

1996/2010 38 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp., Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
1996 1 ton Dodge Dually Pickup, Max Brake Controller, Mor/Ryde Susp On Rear Springs, Air Bags, Tailgate EasyLift
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
dually driver
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »

We've been members since '05 attending 5 rallys in FL plus a couple Grand National's.  It is a great group of people and lots of fun.  Diana's comments are right on!
Carriage is now paying the first year membership for buyers of a new Carriage.  The Rallys are several days in length and include weekdays.  There are local Chapters all over the country that have "mini-Rallys", often on weekends.
Try it, you'll like it!
Dave & Phyllis
eastex
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »

I bought a new Carriage.  I have not heard anything from Carriage and wasn't even told that a Travel Club existed.
dually driver
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

Larry,
Your dealer should know how to get your complimentary membership.  CTC website is:
http://www.carriagetravelclub.com/
You could fill out the application there and state you are applying for your free year.
Dave
eastex
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »

Thanks Dave.
Jim Cindy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »

Website wwill not accept application without CC#

Jim and Cindy
2009 Full Paint Cameo 34CK3
Morryde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
Propane Yamaha 2400is
2008 GMC 2500HD, Duramax, Allison
Pullrite Superglide
dually driver
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »

Maybe you can print and mail or fax.
2rinKayaker
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

I bought a new Carriage.  I have not heard anything from Carriage and wasn't even told that a Travel Club existed.

Look in your owners manual.  Ours had an app, but did not mention the 1 year free.  We recently received an invitation letter from a local chapter which did inform us of the free year, and had another app.  We just filled it out and sent it in sans $30 and received our card.

Attached is a copy of the app.  Hope this helps!!

ps - We called Jackie at Carriage Travel Club (888-282-0115 "Jackie Clady" <membership@recclub.com> ) and signed up late for the Texas National.  If anyone else is going, give us a shout-out!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:00:31 PM by 2rinKayaker » Logged
Dustytuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »

Our dealer didn't tell us either about the free membership but we heard  from others and got it.
Our dealer didn't tell us much of anything about anything!  Will not buy  from them again but would buy another Carriage in a heart beat.

Dusty & Don
2008 Carri lite 36SBQ
2008 Dodge dually 5500 2 ton
3 Schnauzers and a stuck up 19 lb. tom cat
daytona7

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »

This was brought up today at the Carriage factory Travel Club grounds with a few Cameo owners who have brought their RV's in for repairs.  The membership forms are supposed to be in the owners package, but nothing is written stating that the first year is free.  With the way the economy is, a lot of dealers who are facing closure due to lack of sales just do not really give a damn and either are not putting the forms in the package or just do not tell the buyer about filling it out.  Also was said that most people are too excited about getting their new RV and just plain do not read everything in the owners package. It's just like buying a new car.  There are so many papers that the buyer might think is junk and will lead to a whole slew of advertisement in the mail.  I've heard pros and cons about joining the travel club but after talking to the 1st national vice president today, I will be joining even if just for additional information on Carriage products one might not hear about.  This forum is just informative.  I do not think there would be any Cameo owners knowing about the holding tanks retrofits if it was not announced here.
By the way.  It seems that Carriage will be conducting tours of the factory again soon.  The national 1st VP stated this morning that she will be getting an orientation tomorrow for conducting the tours.  Heck, if they allow me to stay free in the travel club lot for a few months, I'd volunteer to give tours for 2 months also when I get back to Indiana at the end of the month.     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: